Examine, analyze, and write reports, articles, backgrounders, and opinions on a range of defense strategy and defense budget topics, working under in cooperation with other CSBA staff.
- Conduct research and writing for CSBA monographs on topics related to future military strategy
- Prepare briefings on a range of defense-related topics
- Support strategic wargaming and defense budget analysis
- Provide expertise in analyzing data, developing information, and assessing available solutions or alternatives to complex problems.
- Develop and present papers on subject discipline and participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Access a variety of disciplines and institutions to locate experts to provide advice, guidance, or counseling in support of management efforts.
- 2 or more years of demonstrated experience performing research and analysis in military strategy, policy, programs, and budgets (Desired).
- Strong analytical skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated research and writing skills, and proven ability to work independently.
- Strong organizing and work planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle analytical tasks in various stages of preparation and execution simultaneously.
- Eligible for a SECRET-level security clearance; prior access/eligibility and higher eligibility/access a plus
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Please reference position title in the subject line.