Support the development/updating of country specific datasets analyzing military asset tradeoffs in CSBA’s proprietary Strategic Choices tool and develop budgetary/military force structure databases to support senior staff projects.
- 70% Strategic Choices Tool Support (proprietary asset trading tool)
- Develop/update country specific databases for the Strategic Choices Tool
- Support after action analysis of exercises using SQL queries and Excel Dashboards
- Track/monitor/test code changes/bug fixes/version updates to the online tool
- 20% general data support
- Provide expertise in analyzing data, developing information sources, and assessing available and alternative solutions to complex problems
- Develop/maintain database of budgetary information to assist the Budgetary Studies program
- Develop/maintain force list continuity to assist in wargame preparation/execution
- Develop/maintain additional data products as needed to assist senior staff
- 10% general support
- Support wargames, conferences and other CSBA projects
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience manipulating/examining large data sets
- Demonstrated research skills and proven ability to work independently.
- Strong organizing and work planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle analytical tasks in various stages of preparation and execution simultaneously.
- Masters level degree in security studies, foreign policy, political science or computer science
- Eligible for a SECRET-level security clearance; prior access/eligibility and higher eligibility/access a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Project Management experience
- Experience with Docker, Jira or Slack
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.
Please reference position title in the subject line.