CSBA is soliciting applications for a defense analyst with a focus on budgeting and force structure. The candidate would conduct and support research on a variety of issues, and would be responsible for maintaining and employing CSBA’s proprietary Strategic Choices Tool. If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your resume to email@example.com.
- 60% Strategic Choices Tool Support (proprietary asset trading tool)
- Lead efforts to develop and update country specific databases
- Support senior staff in designing and implementing wargames and other exercises
- Conduct post-exercise analysis and contribute to reports and other written products
- 20% support to defense analysis
- Provide expertise in analyzing data, developing information sources, and assessing available and alternative solutions to complex problems
- Support senior staff engaged in defense budget, force structure, and operations research analysis
- Assist staff in wargame preparation and execution
- 20% general support
- Introduce and explain CSBA’s Strategic Choices Tool to outside audiences
- Support wargames, conferences, and other CSBA projects
- Proposal writing and business development
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and interest in learning other programming environments
- Demonstrated research skills and proven ability to work independently
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong organizing and work planning skills
- Masters level degree in security studies, foreign policy, political science, statistics, operations research or a related field
- Eligible for a SECRET-level security clearance
- Working knowledge of PYTHON, R or SQL
- Project Management experience
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and a writing sample.
Please reference position title in the subject line.