CSBA is soliciting applications for a defense research analyst with a focus on force structure, wargaming, and operations research. The candidate would conduct and support research on a variety of defense issues and would help in the preparation and execution of defense workshops and wargames, including post-event analysis and reports. If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your resume to email@example.com.
- General Areas Studies and Research Reports
- Contribute to defense-related databases and proprietary research tools
- Support senior staff in research on defense concepts and capabilities
- Proposal production and editorial support
- Defense Analysis
- Provide expertise in analyzing data, developing information sources, and assessing available and alternative solutions to complex problems
- Support senior staff engaged in defense budget, force structure, and operations research analysis
- Research and writing on selected assigned issues on strategic and regional issues
- Workshop and Conference Support
- Support senior staff in designing and implementing wargames and other exercises
- Support issue-specific workshops, conferences, and other CSBA projects
- Conduct post-exercise analysis and editorial support for written reports
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and interest in learning other programming environments
- Demonstrated research skills and proven ability to work independently
- Strong writing, presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong organizing and work planning skills
- Masters level degree in security studies, foreign policy, political science, statistics, operations research or a related field
- Wargaming/Operations Research experience
- Eligible for a SECRET-level security clearance
- Working knowledge of quantitative methods of analysis
- Project Management experience
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and a writing sample.
Please reference position title in the subject line.