We are looking for candidates who can fill multiple mid- and senior-level research positions focused on aerospace capabilities, operational concepts, and investment options.
- Independently conduct research, literature reviews, wargaming, workshops, and interviews, in support of CSBA research projects.
- Conduct research and write CSBA monographs, briefings, and backgrounders on topics related to future military capabilities and operational concepts, with a specific focus on aerospace power
- Prepare and deliver briefings on a range of defense-related topics
- Lead and support wargames and concept development workshops.
- Lead and participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Provide expertise in military operations to other CSBA projects.
- Analyze data and assess available solutions or alternatives to complex problems.
- Write and present research to a variety of audiences.
- Represent CSBA in meetings and other activities.
- Postgraduate degree in security studies, foreign policy, political science, or related field.
- 5 years or more of demonstrated experience performing research and analysis in military strategy, policy, programs, and budgets.
- Demonstrated expertise in military capabilities and operations, with an emphasis on aerospace capabilities and concepts, including military space and integrated air and missile defense.
- Candidates with active-duty or reserve military experience are actively encouraged to apply.
- Possession of or eligibility for a SECRET-level security clearance is required; higher eligibility/access is preferred.
- Demonstrated research and writing skills, and proven ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational and work planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple analytical tasks in various stages of preparation and execution simultaneously.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and a writing sample.
Please reference position title in the subject line.