Work directly with and provide support to CSBA’s management team and research staff. This position is fluid with evolving requirements to support day-to-day operations and long-term goals.
- Research topics broadly related to CSBA’s core areas of study
- Maintain and expand databases on defense spending and world military forces and infrastructure
- Prepare reference materials for use in wargames, to include information needed to develop scenarios, orders of battle, and technical specifications for key military capabilities.
- Edit and fact-check papers, op-eds, speeches, and other products.
- Assist in writing and editing summaries of work for posting online.
- Create charts and graphs and procure digital images for use in publications.
- Assemble reports, including printing and binding; assist with distribution efforts.
- Support meetings, workshops, and wargames by scheduling, arranging venues, assembling materials, preparing briefing slides, setting up and running audiovisual equipment, and performing other logistical tasks.
- Attend and take notes at meetings, workshops, wargames, and other events.
- Provide administrative support to the President and Chief Administrative Officer.
- Bachelors degree in a defense, policy-oriented or quantitative field of study (a Masters degree desirable but not required)
- Demonstrated interest in defense policy and military affairs
- Strong analytical skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Solid organization and time management skills, ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Expert user of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Graphic design experience and proficiency with software such as Photoshop, InDesign, etc. is desirable but not required.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Please reference position title in the subject line.