CSBA will host a virtual discussion on the future of arms control with Amb. Eric Edelman, Counselor at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments (CSBA), and Tim Morrison, Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute, on Tuesday, November 16, 2:00 PM EST.
Building on Amb. Edelman’s recent paper on arms control and history, the two former senior US government officials and defense strategists will consider:
- The rise and fall of bilateral arms control agreements with the Soviet Union and Russia;
- A new, comprehensive approach to negotiations that includes the People’s Republic of China (PRC) as it moves toward becoming a nuclear peer of the United States;
- Recent developments in the growth of the PRC’s strategic arsenal;
- Lessons from earlier attempts to engage the PRC on arms limitations discussions; and,
- 20th-century interwar naval arms control efforts and how they illuminate current dilemmas.
To participate in the webinar, please register to receive an email invitation via Zoom. We look forward to seeing you on November 16.
- Amb. Eric Edelman, CSBA Counselor and former Undersecretary of Defense for Policy
- Tim Morrison, Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute