- Dr. Thomas G. Mahnken, President and CEO, CSBA
- AMB Eric Edelman, Counselor, CSBA
- Dr. Toshi Yoshihara, Senior Fellow, CSBA
- David Maxwell, US Army Special Forces Colonel (Ret) and independent national security consultant and lecturer
- Moderated by Dr. Hal Brands, Senior Fellow, CSBA
The Chinese and Russian governments are currently waging political warfare against the United States and its allies. Although efforts to manipulate public opinion and political debate often receive less attention than armed interventions or military modernization programs, Beijing and Moscow are embarked upon campaigns to discourage foreign narratives they oppose. To date, these efforts appear to be having success.
CSBA’s recent report, Countering Comprehensive Coercion: Competitive Strategies Against Authoritarian Political Warfare highlights how the targets of authoritarian political warfare campaigns can better position themselves to compete, reduce their vulnerabilities and adopt more forward-leaning measures of their own.
Join us for an in-depth panel discussion on Thursday, 21 June:
11:30 a.m. Reception
12 p.m. Discussion
1:30 p.m. Conclusion